Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The program is not located

Jump to solution

Hello ! First of all, you have to know that I'm a Belgium student, so I speak french, and I hope my english will be good enough to make me understood.

So, thanks to my college, I got a licence of visual cobol for Eclipse available until the next year. I've installed it on my computer at home, and thanks god, no problem with it.
Then, I've installed visual cobol for eclipse on my laptop too (this is a MacBook, so I use Parallels Desktop in order to run Windows), and the installation was ok, but I can't use visual cobol. 
Why ? When I create a new project, with a new cobol program, I immediately have an error and so I can't launch my program. 

Even if this is a new, empty program, when I try to run, I've this message : "The COBOL Program launched could not be located". And a red cross in the line "end program Program1", with the message "COBCH1504S I-O error : 9/181 \\Mac\Home\Desktop\Workspace\Cobbol\test\New_Configuration.bin\Program1.int"

I checked this folder, and the file "Program1.int", with also a file named "Program1.obj.1.tlog".
Finally, I also noticed that I don't have the ".metadata" folder when I create a new project on my mac.

Could you please help me ? It's really boring because most of the time I'm not a home, so I really need to use Visual Cobol on my laptop. Is that because of the fact that I've installed it Twice with the same e-mail ? Because my laptop is a mac ? Thank you for your help 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

RE: The program is not located

Jump to solution

I had a similar problem when I started using Visual Cobol on Parallels Desktop.  

Try creating the project in a folder on your "C:" drive.  I believe that is what worked for me.   For some reason it like to default to a folder on your Mac.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I had a similar problem when I started using Visual Cobol on Parallels Desktop.  

Try creating the project in a folder on your "C:" drive.  I believe that is what worked for me.   For some reason it like to default to a folder on your Mac.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

My god, thank you so much, it's working ! It's my bad, my workspace was on my desktop (that is shared between mac and windows normally), but by creating a workspace on my "C:" the problem disappeared.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Glad it helped. Have an awesome day!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.