Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Treeview in COBOL code

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 August 2011]

Hello
I am new to COBOL but I know Visual Studio
I would like to create TREEVIEW via Visual Studio but I can not define arrays of nodes.
I'm trying to do as follows

invoke treeview1::nodes::ADD ("ROOT NODE"). (It's Works)
invoke treeview1::nodes[0]::Nodes::ADD ("CHILD NODE"). (does not work)

If anyone can help me,

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
hi,

i have lifted this code from a project that works and its shows adding a top level item then 3 sub levels.

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount2)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount2)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount3)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
hi,

i have lifted this code from a project that works and its shows adding a top level item then 3 sub levels.

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount2)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

invoke trvList::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount1)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount2)::"Nodes"::"Item"(ws-NodeCount3)::"Nodes"::"Add"(ws-Codes-Text)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
thanks
this works
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.