Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trial Activation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am getting the Activation failed message when I try to activate the free trial of Visual Cobol PE. I used the same email address that I entered to download the product. How should I activate?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
If you still cannot activate the Visual COBOL PE license then send me an email at chris.glazier@microfocus.com and tell me which product you are trying to use, the Visual Studio version or the Eclipse version.

Also please note that a Visual COBOL Trial and the Visual COBOL PE product are not the same thing.

If you requested and downloaded a Trial then this is a 30 Day product license used for evaluation purposes prior to purchasing the full licensed copy of Visual COBOL.

The Visual COBOL PE product is the Personal Edition which can be used for one year but for training and academic purposes only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
If you still cannot activate the Visual COBOL PE license then send me an email at chris.glazier@microfocus.com and tell me which product you are trying to use, the Visual Studio version or the Eclipse version.

Also please note that a Visual COBOL Trial and the Visual COBOL PE product are not the same thing.

If you requested and downloaded a Trial then this is a 30 Day product license used for evaluation purposes prior to purchasing the full licensed copy of Visual COBOL.

The Visual COBOL PE product is the Personal Edition which can be used for one year but for training and academic purposes only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.