Highlighted
JobO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trial activation failure

Jump to solution

I have been trying to install Visual COBOL for eclipse for Windows (Personal edition) and am not able to activate the product. I am using the same email I used for registration and I am still getting the Activation Failed when using automatic activation. Manual activation leads to an email with Authorization Process Error.

Following the response in similar posts I have emailed at supportline@microfocus.com with all the details. I got a call from them telling me they cannot do anything without a service contract and redirected me here.

Can anyone help with this seemingly prevalent issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Trial activation failure

Jump to solution
Thank you for your email Job, however if the information you sent to Supportline are correct your trial is not the Personal Edition, and I also see that the Visual COBOL was activated today.
In regards the Personal Edition you do register with the email and through the email you get the authorization code, but this does not apply to the Visual COBOL for Eclipse that you have download. With this product you only get 30 days trial.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Rosa
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Trial activation failure

Jump to solution
Thank you for your email Job, however if the information you sent to Supportline are correct your trial is not the Personal Edition, and I also see that the Visual COBOL was activated today.
In regards the Personal Edition you do register with the email and through the email you get the authorization code, but this does not apply to the Visual COBOL for Eclipse that you have download. With this product you only get 30 days trial.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Rosa
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.