Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trying to compile a very old program in Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 December 2011]

Hello

I am trying to compile an old cobol program using the Visual studio trial software I downloaded from this site. Before when compiling our microfocus cobol programs we would ge through dos and use a series of commands. When I try to compile them with Visual, I am getting the following error:

COBCH0012 : Operand SQLERRMC is not declared J:\sfbpcob\test469.cob 2272 48 sfbpcob
COBCH0801 : Required DB software: 'db2agapi' could not be found.This error prevents SQL processing from continuing - further EXEC SQL statements will be ignored. 1 1 sfbpcob

Sorry about this, I am sure it is straight forward but I am stuck.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Trying to compile a very old program in Visual Cobol

Jump to solution
The program is using the DB2 External Compiler Module but it cannot find that the DB2 Development product is installed. (perhaps it is not in the PATH)

DB2 support through the ECM is only provided for native applications.

Please see the following documentation for how to set this up in Visual COBOL:

Visual COBOL compiling DB2 ECM programs

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Trying to compile a very old program in Visual Cobol

Jump to solution
The program is using the DB2 External Compiler Module but it cannot find that the DB2 Development product is installed. (perhaps it is not in the PATH)

DB2 support through the ECM is only provided for native applications.

Please see the following documentation for how to set this up in Visual COBOL:

Visual COBOL compiling DB2 ECM programs

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.