Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
xrousaios Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to activate Visual COBOL Personal Edition for Visual studi0 2017

Hi all,

I am experiencing the following problem :

I downloaded and installed Visual Cobol PE for Visual Studio 2017, but I can't activate it.
When I select "I want to activate the free product" with my e-mail address (xrousaios@yahoo.gr), I am receiving the following message :
"The activation of Micro Focus Visual Cobol personal edition failed. This was because we didn't recognize the email address you endered as having been previously registered with us.".

But, when I am visiting the registration page, I couldn't see or find any registration procedure.

So, I used the MANUAL activation process, using the "Send Email/Display Fields" sequence and, I sent an email according to the instructions.
However, the answer I received was the following :  

"The following error occurred during the authorization process
MG0106: Unable to authorize the request."

I tried it again later, but nothing happened. 

Well, I don't know what excactly can I do to solve this issue. 

Any help wll be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

George 

0 Likes
9 Replies
xrousaios Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Unable to activate Visual COBOL Personal Edition for Visual studi0 2017

Ok, I exactly followed the instructions over and over again.
Nothing happened.
The problem still remains. . .
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please send an email to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send an authorization code to you for the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio PE product.

Thanks.
0 Likes
PascalUK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Chris, I have exactly the same issue, I will send an email to your address above, hope it's ok? Cheers. Pascal

Cheers

PascalUK

0 Likes
Lonederanger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I too have this issue. Is there any progress?
0 Likes
apgap513 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All I think I may have this issue as well - I can start up the platform but I didn't receive an authorization code so the Cobol part of it seems to be unavailable
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please send an email to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send an authorization code to you for the Visual COBOL PE product. Please let me know whether you are using the Visual Studio version or the Eclipse version.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please send an email to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send an authorization code to you for the Visual COBOL PE product. Please let me know whether you are using the Visual Studio version or the Eclipse version.

Thanks.
0 Likes
RonKaye Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same issue.

Serial number is 600000728830.

Thanks
0 Likes
Prasanna61 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

I have the same issue. Serial (for support): 600000730243.

I am using Visual Studio 2017

Prasanna
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.