Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Undefined ECM error

Jump to solution
I copied a solution with a .Net WPF project from one system to another. Now I get the following errors on the receiving system: COBCH0002 : Undefined ECM error. Inform Technical Support. Error code 12. COBCH0038 : Paragraph or phrase repeated illegally The errors points to the ‘getter’ keyword within several properties. property-id KalkNr binary-long. getter. set property-value to W-KalkNr setter. set W-KalkNr to property-value invoke self::NotifyPropertyChanged("KalkNr") end property. Both systems will have Visual Cobol 2.3 Update 1 installed, the first system with Visual Studio 2013 and the receiving one with Visual Studio 2012. I’m waiting for an answer from Micro Focus Technical Support. Regards Werner Lanter
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Undefined ECM error

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

I received a reply from my customer. The same result as on my Windows 7 system, after installing update 1, the errors do not occur anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Werner,

Can you tell me what the support incident number is for this problem?

Are the two systems using the same .NET Framework version?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

I just opened a support incident, number is 2873929.

Both Systems use .NET Framework version 4.5. I am going to check other details, like hotfixes.

When I compile the solution I get 10 error messages, one for every property definition. When I insert e.g. a space anywhere in the source 8 error message are removed from the output window. So there is a difference between compiling an syntax checking. (???)

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

Please see support incident number 2873929. Kim Hoskin can translate the German text. I think you will understand that I don't publish the text in this forum.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Werner,

In the support incident it mentions that the product you are actually using is V2.3 base release and that when testing with 2.3 Update 1 the errors do not occur.

Can you confirm this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

My standard system is Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Cobol 2.3 with Update 1 (vcvs2015_231.exe) and Hotfix (vcvs2015_231_hf01_125850.exe). Everything on this system works fine. I copied a WPF solution to the system of a customer and we got the ECM errors as described.

I also have a virtual PC with Windows 7. On this system I installed Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 product trial (vcvs2012_23.exe). In this situation I got the same errors as on the customer system. Than I installed Update 1 (vcvs2012_231.exe from my support account) and the errors do not occur anymore. You will find the download E-Mail in the support incident. Also after Installing the Hotfix (vcvs2012_231_hf01_125843.exe) the errors do not occur.

This morning I asked my customer to check his system for update 1. I'm waiting for the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

I received a reply from my customer. The same result as on my Windows 7 system, after installing update 1, the errors do not occur anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.