Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Unkown build error in ACU2MFDataMigration

Jump to solution

The build of project ACU2MFDataMigration gives me an Unkown build error; Object reference not set to an instance of an object, line 269 in file Microsoft.WinFX.targets.

I use VS 2012 en VC 2.1 on windows 7 and VS is very new for me. Who will and/or can explain to me what is wrong.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

RE: Unkown build error in ACU2MFDataMigration

Jump to solution

Last evening I did through installing programs a repair of VS 2010, VS 2012 and VC 2.1. After that the mention error dos not occur any more.

Sorry, and thanks for all the help and time.

I remebering now that the problem is probably started when I deinstalled last summer VS2010 and that deinstallation did give error's.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What version of VS 2012 are you using, Professional, Premium, Ultimate, shell?

If you double-click on the error message, does it display the line of code that is causing the error?

Can you post that line of code here?

Do you get errors when building any of the other Sample projects?

Can you please try opening and building one of the other WPF based projects by selecting Windows Presentation Foundation on the left side of the Samples Browser and then opening CobolTicTacToe solution in Visual Studio and running the build?

Does this build successfully?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I using, Professional.

Yes it display the line of code that is causing the error

Warning 24 The element 'Target' in namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/.../2003& has invalid child element 'UidManager' in namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/.../2003&. List of possible elements expected: 'Task, AL, AspNetCompiler, AssignCulture, AssignProjectConfiguration, AssignTargetPath, AxImp, CallTarget, CombinePath, ConvertToAbsolutePath, Copy, CreateCSharpManifestResourceName, CreateItem, CreateProperty, CreateVisualBasicManifestResourceName, Csc, Delete, Error, Exec, FindAppConfigFile, FindInList, FindUnderPath, FormatUrl, FormatVersion, GenerateApplicationManifest, GenerateBootstrapper, GenerateDeploymentManifest, GenerateResource, GenerateTrustInfo, GetAssemblyIdentity, GetFrameworkPath, GetFrameworkSdkPath, GetReferenceAssemblyPaths, LC, MakeDir, Message, Move, MSBuild, ReadLinesFromFile, RegisterAssembly, RemoveDir, RemoveDuplicates, RequiresFramework35SP1Assembly, ResolveAssemblyReference, ResolveComReference, ResolveKeySource, ResolveManifestFiles, ResolveNativeReference, ResolveNonMSBuildProjectOutput, SGen, SignFile, TlbImp, Touch, UnregisterAssembly, UpdateManifest, Vbc, VCBuild, Warning, WriteCodeFragment, WriteLinesToFile, XslTransformation, CodeAnalysis, CL, Link, BSCMake, CPPClean, Get.... 893 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.WinFX.targets 9 Miscellaneous Files

Yes I get errors when building CobolTicTacToe.

Can you please try opening and building one of the other WPF based projects by selecting Windows Presentation Foundation on the left side of the Samples Browser and then opening CobolTicTacToe solution in Visual Studio and running the build?

Does this build successfully? No it does not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I tried this here using Visual Studio 2012 and Visual COBOL 2.1 on both a Windows 7 and a Windows 8 64-bit computer and I cannot reproduce the problem.

Is this only occurring for WPF applications?

Can you build other non-WPF samples like Core .NET under COBOL for .NET category?

When you installed Visual Studio 2012 did you install all the options or did you de-select some?

Try creating a new C# WPF Application by selecting New Project-->Visual C#->Windows-->WPF Application and then give it a name and click OK.

When the new project is created and displayed, click on Build-->Rebuild Solution.

Is this successful for the C# build?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Last evening I did through installing programs a repair of VS 2010, VS 2012 and VC 2.1. After that the mention error dos not occur any more.

Sorry, and thanks for all the help and time.

I remebering now that the problem is probably started when I deinstalled last summer VS2010 and that deinstallation did give error's.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.