Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Upgarding Visual Cobol Personal Edition

Jump to solution

I currently have Visual Cobol Personal Edition 2.1 hosted in Visual Studio 2010. I would like to upgrade to VCPE 2.2 but hosted in VS 2012, which I also have.

Do I need to uninstall VCPE 2.1 and Licence Manager before upgrading to VCPE 2.2? Any gotchas?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Upgarding Visual Cobol Personal Edition

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

For this scenario you should uninstall VCPE 2.1 using Control Panel-->Programs and Features first and then install VCPE 2.2.

It should not be necessary to uninstall License Manager as this should be done automatically during the install of 2.2.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

For this scenario you should uninstall VCPE 2.1 using Control Panel-->Programs and Features first and then install VCPE 2.2.

It should not be necessary to uninstall License Manager as this should be done automatically during the install of 2.2.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

LEGAL QUERO ATUALIZAR O MEU VC, MAS E PRO VISUAL STUDIO OU NAO, EM QUAL LINK ENCONTRO O DOWLOAD DA VERSAO 2.2

URGENTE MEU EMAIL: josiasnv@yahoo.com.br

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Chris: thanks. Will the install of VCPE 2.2 cause VS2012 to host it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ah, I see - you download the version that complements the appropraite version of VS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, correct we have different installers for each version of Visual Studio. If you want to use Visual Studio 2010 you would install the Visual COBOL for VS2010 product, for Visual Studio 2012 you would install the Visual COBOL for VS2012 product, etc.

If you do not have a full version of Visual Studio available when Visual COBOL is installed, Visual COBOL will install a shell version of Visual Studio and install into that.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Chris, I am NOT posting these questions

Something else is happening

What is it?

I have not posted a question on this Forum for a long time now, certainly not in the last 2-3-4 days

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

It appears that there are two Paul R's on this forum, that's all.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.