Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade vc2.2 to 2.3

Jump to solution
To install vc2.3 it must remove vc2.2. but when I install version 2.3 of the system is corrupt and not initialize so is necessary restore the last válid version. Has anyone experienced this?
Visual Cobol for Visual Studio
System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Upgrade vc2.2 to 2.3

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will do this.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This is certainly not a known problem.

Can you provide me with some more details?

Does the install of 2.3 complete successfully or does the installation fail?

What is the exact error message that you are receiving and during what operation?

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello , after installation,without error, is required a system reboot before using the VC and in the process the win starts with error correction and the log file shows that the c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ Msahci.sys is corrupted. I have already installed other programs with successful. This is happening only with the VC. I'm using:

Micro Focus Visual COBOL 2.2 Version 2.2.02172.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Shell (Integrated)
Version 11.0.61219.0 Q11REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.50709

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This sounds more like you have a hardware error on your disk drive. as Msahci.sys is the Microsoft Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) driver that controls your SATA drives.

I would recommend running chkdsk on your computer to see if there are any errors detected on this drive prior to installing VC 2.3 again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will do this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.