Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
themiketones Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading VC from 2.2 to 4.0

I think this question may have been answered before, but I couldn't find anything whilst searching the site, so I thought I'd try the direct method.

We are beginning the process if upgrading from Visual Cobol 2.2 to 4.0.  I already have 2.2 for Visual Studio 2012 installed on my workstation.  If I install Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Cobol 4.0, will I be able to run both, or will the 4.0 install overlay 2.2.

I will still be maintaining 2.2 code while working through the upgrade process, so I was hoping I could use both on the same machine.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Upgrading VC from 2.2 to 4.0

Hi Mike,

The 4.0 setup will detect the 2.2 installation and will prompt you to uninstall 2.2 first.
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.