Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using EXEC SQL in JVM COBOL with Oracle/MySQL

Dear All,

Could anyone please -be patient with m 😉 - help me in setting my JVM COBOL project to perform SQL statements ??

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are compiling to JVM COBOL then you will need to setup and connect to a JDBC driver for the database that you will be using.

I suggest, as a starting point, that you open up the Samples Browser under Start-->All Programs-->Micro Focus Visual COBOL-->Samples and select JVM COBOL in left column and then SQL (JDBC) Getting Started (JVM) in the right column.

You should also look in the product documentation under Programming Data Access for OpenESQL.

In particular JDBC is covered here:

Thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris & All 🙂

Unfortunately the documentation codes are  extremely messy and complex to be understood cloud you or anyone try to help me in just setting the environment(Eclipse) and how to do basic connection and basic select statement and I will carry one alone and  I will upload a tutorial to this community forum on doing that appropriately with the least pain

PS: I've been studying the documentation since you answered me Chris but it's so tough and the documentation is never a tutorial for a newbie.

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.