Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using the status strip on forms

Jump to solution

I posted a while ago about passing information between programs so that a 'Status Strip' could be updated on a form showing the file data processing in real time. You kindly solved my problem.

A new problem has arisen when I want to use a 2nd program utilising the 'same' code as as what was in the 1st program by way of the idisplayStatus interface method.

When 2 programs with similar 'interface' methods are part of my main form references I get an error at runtime which says 'Method not Found 'Int32 ProgramX(idisplayStatus)' where ProgramX is the first of my programs utilizing the interface.

Removing the 2nd program from my references solves the problem of running ProgramX and it runs through fine but I need to process two programs processing data in order for my job to work properly. Can you assist in a resolution to this please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Using the status strip on forms

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I just responded to you via incident but thought I would update information here for the sake of completeness.

The problem is as I described in an earlier posting.

You are defining the interface in each of the classes when you should be defining it once and then referencing it from each class that requires it.

I have corrected your example by moving the interface definition into a new class library project called myinterfaces.

I then removed the definitions of the interface from the other classes and replaced this by a project reference to myinterfaces from within the other projects that reference it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Are you only defining the interface once or is it being defined in both programs?

It should only be defined once and then it can be referenced by both programs.

Can you show me what the code looks like?

It may be easier to open up a support incident for this and then you can attach the required project files so that I can take a look.

If you open up an incident and then give me the incident number I will put it in my name.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Code uploade via support reference 2600764.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I just responded to you via incident but thought I would update information here for the sake of completeness.

The problem is as I described in an earlier posting.

You are defining the interface in each of the classes when you should be defining it once and then referencing it from each class that requires it.

I have corrected your example by moving the interface definition into a new class library project called myinterfaces.

I then removed the definitions of the interface from the other classes and replaced this by a project reference to myinterfaces from within the other projects that reference it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.