Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running Visual Studio 12 with VC 2.2.  If I make a change to a designer, save it and then run debug and the changes are not there.  I must have something setup incorrectly, although this was ok in visual studio 10.  Suggestions?  Note: I did not make any solution changes between visual studio 10 & 12.  Just starting working in the solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: VC 2.2

Jump to solution

The missing assembies have nothing to do with Visual COBOL.

They appear to be assemblies from the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Powerpacks product which can be downloaded from msdn.microsoft.com/.../bb735936.aspx.

If you are seeing strange behavior with the forms designer then I would once again recommend that you open up a support incident and attach your project to the incident so that we can take a look.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Can you reproduce this behavior at will?

Does this occur only on existing projects or do you see the same behavior for new projects?

To which designer are you referring, Windows Forms, Web Forms, WPF?

I would recommend that you open up a support incident with customer care for this behavior as we will most likely need to get a copy of your project along with steps to reproduce, etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I do not have a project yet.  It is a windows form.  Also I get an error on some forms that it can not find, micrsoft.visualbasic.powerpacks.shapecontainer, micrsoft.visualbasic.powerpacks.rectangleshape.  I had no issues in VC2.1 with Visual studio 10.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Sorry I meant new project.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The missing assembies have nothing to do with Visual COBOL.

They appear to be assemblies from the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Powerpacks product which can be downloaded from msdn.microsoft.com/.../bb735936.aspx.

If you are seeing strange behavior with the forms designer then I would once again recommend that you open up a support incident and attach your project to the incident so that we can take a look.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.