Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VC PE 2.3 FOR VS 2015 Debugging

I am working with the debugger and cannot find Debug==>Windows==>Memory==>Memory 1.  Is it not available for the personal edition? Or is it a VS problem? Thanks - John 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: VC PE 2.3 FOR VS 2015 Debugging

It would appear to me to be a Visual Studio issue, since the Debug windows are a VS feature.

What does the Debug > Windows sub-menu list?

Are you using a full version of Visual Studio, or the Visual Studio Shell?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The sub menu lists breakpoints, watchpoints, program breakpoints,exception settings, output, show diagnostic tools and immediate. I am using VS Community 2015 which I believe is a full version.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is the debugger actually attached to a process?

I don't use VS 2015 myself, so it's possible that Microsoft has changed the menu layout, or that some option controls whether the Memory windows are available. But in any case this looks like a Visual Studio question.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The list of menu items that you describe are the ones available when the debugger is not active. If you are actually debugging the program, an expanded list of menu items will appear including the memory windows. FYI, the memory windows option is only available for native code projects. This is not available for managed code.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.