Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VISUAL COBOL PE

Jump to solution

I will be away for a while and would like to be able to work on my Laptop.
Is it in order to install the version of PE that I have on my Laptop as well?
I will only ever be working on either the PC or Laptop and not both simultaneously.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
In order to install the VC PE product on your laptop you will have to revoke the license which is installed on your PC first.

1. On your PC where VCPE is currently installed run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
2. From the Summary tab click on the "Revoke" link which follows the VCPE license. This will generate a new authorization code that can then be entered on the laptop. Save this code.
3. Install the VCPE software on your laptop.
4. On your laptop where you have just installed VCPE run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
5. On the Install tab, copy in the new authorization code that was generated during the Revoke process on the PC into the field marked "enter authorization code" and click on the Authorize button.

You should now be able to run VCPE on your laptop.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
In order to install the VC PE product on your laptop you will have to revoke the license which is installed on your PC first.

1. On your PC where VCPE is currently installed run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
2. From the Summary tab click on the "Revoke" link which follows the VCPE license. This will generate a new authorization code that can then be entered on the laptop. Save this code.
3. Install the VCPE software on your laptop.
4. On your laptop where you have just installed VCPE run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
5. On the Install tab, copy in the new authorization code that was generated during the Revoke process on the PC into the field marked "enter authorization code" and click on the Authorize button.

You should now be able to run VCPE on your laptop.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Do I reverse the process when I am back in my office to revert back to the PC?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Yes, exactly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Me too, thank you
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.