Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Validating cell datagridview

Jump to solution

Hi guys

How to lock a cell of datagridview to accept only numbers. Otherwise, to ignore the change.

Confused

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Validating cell datagridview

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

I had to make some adjustments because this code validates a blank line and I needed to validate the data change. Follows the working code.

Thank you, I couldn’’t have done it without you

method-id dataGridView1_CellValidating final private.

procedure division using by value sender as object e as type System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs.
           declare newInteger as binary-long
           declare x as float-short
           set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to ""

if e::ColumnIndex::Equals(10)
              if not (type Int32::TryParse(e::FormattedValue::ToString, newInteger))
                 set e::Cancel to true
                 set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to "Erro no valor da coluna (TipoDoc)"
                 invoke type MessageBox::Show("Tipo de documento inválido. 1=CPF 2=CNPJ" "Visual Cobol.NET")
              else
                 set x to type System.Convert::ToInt32(e::FormattedValue::ToString())
                 if x < 1 or > 2
                    set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to "Erro no valor da colunha (TipoDoc)"
                    invoke type MessageBox::Show("Tipo de documento inválido. 1=CPF 2=CNPJ" "Visual Cobol.NET")
                 end-if   
              end-if
           end-if      
       end method.

Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You can use the CellValidating event to do this.

I found the following example in the Microsoft docs and converted to COBOL:

procedure division using by value sender as object e as type System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs.

*> Don't try to validate the 'new row' until finished  
         *> editing since there 
         *> is not any point in validating its initial value. 
           if (dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::IsNewRow) 
              goback
           else
                 set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to "the value must be numeric"
              end-if
           end-if
       end method.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

I had to make some adjustments because this code validates a blank line and I needed to validate the data change. Follows the working code.

declare x as float-short

if e::ColumnIndex::Equals(10)
                 set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to "Erro no valor da coluna (TipoDoc)"
              else
                 set x to type System.Convert::ToInt32(e::FormattedValue::ToString())
                 if x < 1 or > 2
                    set dataGridView1::Rows[e::RowIndex]::ErrorText to "Erro no valor da colunha (TipoDoc)"
                 end-if   
              end-if
           end-if      
       end method.

Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.