DCM Contributor.
Contributor.

Visual COBOL Eclipse - COBOL JVM Project build

Hi,

I'm running VC 4.0 with the latest patch and Eclipse 4.8 and have issues compiling/building the COBOL JVM project relating to copybook includes within the managed COBOL& wrapper classes which was converted from Native.

If I create a new COBOL JVM project and select - import/import/File System and select the svn project to import into my workspace within Eclipse this physically copies all the relevant files and I can compile & build successfully.

However if I select Advanced/Create links in workspace from the import wizard I get compile errors and build issues.

I keep the create link locations to the default environment variable 'PROJECT_LOC' and all looks okay as the jvm packages/managed code is imported but I get 'COBCH0008S Unknown copybook' errors with the COPY statement even after I have assigned the copybook package within project properties.

If I re-import the copybooks it seems to fix the issue, however it reappears after closing & opening Eclipse.

This is not an issue if I don't select the create link option. 

Also have issue when trying to clean/build project which seems to compile but get the message 'No COBOL JVM modules to build and the bin directory is empty.

Again this does not happen if I don't select the create link option.

Ideally I would prefer not to physically import the code into Eclipse so any suggestions as to what I need to check would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.