Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual COBOL PE 2.3 download

Jump to solution

I am trying to download the Personal Edition for Eclipse on Windows 7.

The download page gave me the choice of Visual Studio or Eclipse, but

the file downloaded was vsvc2015_23.exe. The Eclipse tab appears to have

the Visual Studio product on it ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are two different links available for Visual COBOL PE. One is for the VC for Visual Studio product and the other is for VC Eclipse. The heading at the top of your download page says that it is the VC for Visual Studio page.

It should say: Visual COBOL for Eclipse Personal Edition v2.3 0.

I just tested this here and when I follow the links to the VC Eclipse product I do get the correct download page and can download the correct product.

Please try again using the link here

Click the button marked Trial Download in the upper right hand corner and then select the last product in the list which is Visual COBOL for Eclipse Windows.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are two different links available for Visual COBOL PE. One is for the VC for Visual Studio product and the other is for VC Eclipse. The heading at the top of your download page says that it is the VC for Visual Studio page.

It should say: Visual COBOL for Eclipse Personal Edition v2.3 0.

I just tested this here and when I follow the links to the VC Eclipse product I do get the correct download page and can download the correct product.

Please try again using the link here

Click the button marked Trial Download in the upper right hand corner and then select the last product in the list which is Visual COBOL for Eclipse Windows.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

As the link has expired, I had to re-register.
I'm waiting on the email.
I'll post here again to let you know how I got on.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I finally managed to download Visual COBOL for Eclipse Windows.
I had to submit two more requests (for the email), due to link expiry
and then a browser problem.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.