Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Visual COBOL PE + Visual Studio Community Edition

Jump to solution

I asked this question a couple of months ago and was told that the PE edition would be available for VS 2017 Community Edition 'real soon now'. Unless I have missed a forum entry I haven't seen any further news. When will this combination be avaolable?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RE: Visual COBOL PE + Visual Studio Community Edition

Jump to solution
Chris

Just confirming that everything is fine now.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
You should be able to request the latest version here. www.microfocus.com/.../
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Mike: thanks. I installed VCOBOL PE with the Community Edition. Exploring the various options I click on 'Microfocus Dailog System' and I get an error - 'There are no valid product licenses'. Where do I find the licence file so that I can install it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
I think there should be something under the Help > Micro Focus Product Help.

It's been a while since I had to install the Personal Edition, so my memory of the process isn't completely clear.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
I tried Product Licensing > I want to activate the free product > Automatic and entered my email address. It replied 'Activation Failed ... didn't recognise email address'. This is strange since I entered my email address when requesting the download of PE and to which I received the download instructions. So still unlicensed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Please send me an email to chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send to you a license key for the Visual Studio PE product.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Chris

Just confirming that everything is fine now.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.