Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual COBOL PE won't activate

Jump to solution

Could you help me? I'm a student taking COBOL and I downloaded the Microfocus Visual COBOL PE and installed it in Visual Studio 15 Professional. When I create a COBOL project I get a product activation menu that asks if I want to activate automatically or manually. I tried activating automatically and got a "MG0006: Unable to authorize the request." error. So I tried activating manually and sent an email containing some kind of encrypted string to the license request email address at Microfocus. A Few minutes later I got back an email saying, "Authorization Process Error. The following error occurred during the authorization process: MG0006: Unable to authorize the request. I tried rebooting, reinstalling both Visual Studio and Visual COBOL, and searched the knowledgebase for a solution. This is my dad's computer (he owns Visual Studio 2015) and I don't know what to do. Here's the encrypted string I sent in the email. 

Lucius Michael Dark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Visual COBOL PE won't activate

Jump to solution

I just tested this here and the license activation worked OK for me so it appears like this is now fixed.

Can you please give the activation another try?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just tested this here and the license activation worked OK for me so it appears like this is now fixed.

Can you please give the activation another try?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

WOO HOO! Worked perfectly. Thank You!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.