Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Visual COBOL PE

Is Visual COBOL PE available for Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Visual COBOL PE

I put together some installation instructions on my blog for implementing Visual Cobol with Visual Studio 2017 Community. It should take you roughly 15 minutes minus any download times. It looks pretty good so far. I really like the smooth integration with Visual Studio. Be sure to download the book and go through the labs. I am still running through them myself.

http://www.psoftdev.com/2017/06/my-install-micro-focus-visual-cobol-30.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No it isn't. Only Visual COBOL for VS v3.0 works on VS2017 . The most recent offering for Visual COBOL PE for VS is V 2.3, compatible with VS 2015 but NOT 2017.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks. The nex t question is when/if the PE edition will be upgraded to v3.0 and work with the Community Edition of VS.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The current plan is to refresh the Visual COBOL PE download link with the 3.0 product within the next week or so. I will make a post to the Community site when this does go live.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

one or two people managed to access an early version of 3.0 PE for VS 2017 which was mistakenly put on the website ahead of schedule. The official release date will be 13th July but if we can bring that forward any we shall.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Scot/Chris

Thanks. I look forward to PE's availability.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Any news on when it will be available.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.