Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual COBOL Personal Edition

Jump to solution

I am having trouble installing Visual COBOL Personal Edition (Serial #: 600000515418) on a PC running Vista.  I used the automated web install for Visual Studio 2010, and it says it installs correctly.  When I try to create a new project I get the screen which asks if I have the full version or the trial version, when I say I want to activate the trial version and enter the email address and close the dialog window, the I get an error.  Error 18 says it can't find a license at an IP address 127. something.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Visual COBOL Personal Edition

Jump to solution

This problem has been resolved by sending the customer a new authorization code for his Visual COBOL Personal Edition product.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Can you please tell me what the exact error message is that you are receiving when you try to activate the license?

We did have a problem in this area previously but that problem has been resolved and should no longer occur.

Can you install the license using the manual option instead of the automated option?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This problem has been resolved by sending the customer a new authorization code for his Visual COBOL Personal Edition product.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.