UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual COBOL Visual Studio Editor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I know it's somehow weird but the editor in visual studio doesn't transform the keywords to upper-case despite I've already enabled taht from options!!

could anyone please help me ??

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can set the formatting options that you would like to see using the Options-->Text Editor-->Micro Focus COBOL-->Miscellaneous as shown below:

But the formatting of the program will not actually take place until you select the formatting option from the Edit-->Advanced  menu as shown below:

You can choose to format the document or to format only selected text.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What option did you enable exactly?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can set the formatting options that you would like to see using the Options-->Text Editor-->Micro Focus COBOL-->Miscellaneous as shown below:

But the formatting of the program will not actually take place until you select the formatting option from the Edit-->Advanced  menu as shown below:

You can choose to format the document or to format only selected text.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

How do you do this in VC 5 VS 2017?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In V5.0 we have added many new formatting features including the ability to format as you type or insert snippets. They are accessed under the Options-->Text Editor-->Micro Focus-->Options or you can just click on the Text Editor Options icon.

picture1.JPG

You can then choose your formatting options:

picture2.JPG

The Formatting Option under Edit has some advanced capabilities as well.

picture3.JPG

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Ahhh !!!

Oddly, "Text Casing" is missing (see attached).  Was this added or fixed in a recent patch?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The screenshots that I showed were from Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017 5.0 PU5 so the option is definitely there as of that version. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

5.0 Patch update 3 or later contains the support that Chris has indicated so if the options are not available I would suspect that no updates have been applied to the initial installation.

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thank you, Gael.  Yes, that is what I suspected, and we have not yet applied the patch updates.  I just wanted to make sure that this was the reason as to why the Text Casing feature didn't show up on the menu.  We intend to apply the patch updates as soon as possible, "red tape" notwithstanding.  Thanks again, @Gael Wilson @Chris Glazier .

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.