Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Visual COBOL for Eclipse error - Truncated class

Hi,

Getting this error whiler creating COBOL project in Wondows 10:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Micro Focus Project Builder' on project 'testproj'.
Truncated class file

Thanks.
Gagan

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Visual COBOL for Eclipse error - Truncated class

Hello @GaganK 

Thank you for your post. I have a few questions…

1) What version of Visual COBOL for Eclipse are you using?  (You can go to Help-Micro Focus-Product Information in the Eclipse IDE, copy the full text shown, and paste it in your reply)

2) Have you previously successfully built any COBOL programs to .class files?

3) If you create a new Program within your project with File-New-COBOL program, and leave the name of the created file as Program1.cbl, does that program successfully build to a class file?

4) If possible, please attach a screen shot of the full IDE, showing the error you received.

If you would, please provide answers to the above.

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Re: Visual COBOL for Eclipse error - Truncated class

Hi Blair,

Thank you for your reply.

Version:   

Visual COBOL for Eclipse 5.0

Version: 5.0.00256
Serial Number: 600000773531
Architecture: 64 bit

Yes, I have successfully created COBOL projects before (can't remember the version no. though)
This is a new installation on Windows 10 Pro.
Looks like the installation was corrupt so I did a repair/install. It's working OK now.

Anyway, it's very-very slow to load. I guess it's a problem with most eclipse based software's

Thanks.
Gagan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.