Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Visual Cobol 4.0 for Visual Studio 2017

Hi, I installed new virtual PC for Visual Cobol testing - Windows 10 Professional, Visual Studio 2017 Professional, Visual Cobol 4.0 trial 30 day. I am not able to load any solutions from Sample Micro Focus directory (e.g. WinHello.sln). Visual Studio loading solution, but does not finish the operation and freezes. I have to use Task Manager for kill it. I am not even able to create a new project based on a cobol. (creating solutions ..... and nothing happens). What is wrong? Can you help me? Regards Petr

MFSupportInfo_5F00_Log_5F00_DESKTOP_2D00_U1M9VSR_5F00_2018_2D00_06_2D00_25_5F00_02_2D00_23_2D00_15.xml

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Visual Cobol 4.0 for Visual Studio 2017

I have reproduced your error - I suspect this may be a licensing issue. I will investigate further and report back.
0 Likes
Highlighted

RE: Visual Cobol 4.0 for Visual Studio 2017

I see you have opened a support incident for this issue - SI # 3161848.
I have provided the engineer with additional information.
This issue can now be addressed through the incident.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.