Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
aadowns21 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol Developers Guide

I cannot find where to download the examples for the developer's guide to modern cobol book.  The website (https://www.microfocus.com/visualcobolbook) listed in the eBook is not valid.  I want to look at the example Rental Agency code.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Visual Cobol Developers Guide

The current URL is www.microfocus.com/.../, but I can't find a link to the samples there (though I didn't try filling out the form, as I already have a hardcopy of the book).

I love it when web developers move content around and don't create redirects for existing URLs.
aadowns21 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the book also.
0 Likes
DanielP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This book is currently (Jan 2019) available at https://www.microfocus.com/media/ebook/visual_cobol_ebook.pdf

Daniel

0 Likes
aadowns21 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But where are the sample downloads referenced in the book? (i.e. The RentalAgency code files)
0 Likes
Austin1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Happy New (old) Year
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hmm, I just tried the original link that you provided and it took me right to the resource page for the book and I can download the examples from the links at the bottom of the page next to the referenced chapter headings.

Can you please try again?

www.microfocus.com/visualcobolbook
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

The link to the samples has been restored, you can now download the samples.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.