Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol PE License won't activate

Jump to solution

I'm receiving the unable to authorize the request, MG0006 error.  I have a class of approximately 40 students that are depending on this software.  Please advise on how to prevent this error.Capture.zip

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Visual Cobol PE License won't activate

Jump to solution

I just tested this here and the license activation worked OK for me so it appears like this is now fixed.

Can you please give the activation another try?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Swilson,

We are experiencing some issues with the activation website. Please bear with us until the issue is resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Raquel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Has this been resolved already? I'm receiving the same error too.

Regards, Marko

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Marko,

Unfortunately, this has not been resolved yet, we are still working on the issue.

Regards,

Raquel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat - have been trying to activate for five days now with no success and I have a class coming up very soon. Getting really desperate. I hope this won't get me in trouble for mentioning it, but there is the Raincode compiler that is free and can handle simulated DB/2 and CICS and COBOL2002 if you are as desperate as I am. It plugs itself into Visual Studio 2013 (free version).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I discovered an error in my WIndows event log. I wonder if this is stopping me from activating. Log says: The description for Event ID 0 from source mf_CCITCP2 cannot be found.  According to Google, CCITCP2 is a microfocus directory manager. However this was not installed when I ran the installation. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just tested this here and the license activation worked OK for me so it appears like this is now fixed.

Can you please give the activation another try?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.