Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol PE

Jump to solution

I installed at first the trial vcvs-2015.exe Problems with compile errors. Got a Visual Cobol PE. After uninstall from the earlier version, i try to install the Personal Editon. Get the install error: 0x81f40001 (uninstall earlier version, before install) But my PC doesn't have an earlier version anymore. See my attachment for more information.

Please, who can help me out of these troubles?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You should never uninstall a product by cleaning out the registry. A simple uninstall from Control Panel should be enough. The registry may be in an inconsistent state now.

If you look in Control Panel Programs and Features do you see any Micro Focus products installed?

The license manager is a separate product from Visual COBOL and the licenses are saved into a license file. In order to get rid of the previous license all you really needed to do was delete the license file on disk.

The two files are:

C:\Program Data\Micro Focus\lservrc.stn

C:\Program Data\Micro Focus\lservrc.net

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You should never uninstall a product by cleaning out the registry. A simple uninstall from Control Panel should be enough. The registry may be in an inconsistent state now.

If you look in Control Panel Programs and Features do you see any Micro Focus products installed?

The license manager is a separate product from Visual COBOL and the licenses are saved into a license file. In order to get rid of the previous license all you really needed to do was delete the license file on disk.

The two files are:

C:\Program Data\Micro Focus\lservrc.stn

C:\Program Data\Micro Focus\lservrc.net

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.