Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol R4 Development Hub - Project path

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 August 2011]

Hello,

I've found a similar problem in the thread Visual COBOL R3 Development Hub - Project Path, and I think I am doing all certainly in the right way.

I can access to the Unix server without problems using the Remote System perspective, but I am not able to create a remote project.

Remote machine's name is "aixlab0102". If I use \\aixlab0102\MNG\DESA\FUENTES\EQBASE\visual_cobol (local path) and /MNG/DESA/FUENTES/EQBASE/visual_cobol (remote path), with a project named "visual_cobol" or any other thing, the Remote Project template says "The remote location does not match the directory on the local path". I tried to use a unit mapped to \\aixlab0102, but with the same result.

Any help, please?

NOTE: We are using NFS, not Samba. Our provider told us that it works the same way.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Visual Cobol R4 Development Hub - Project path

Hi again,

Are you working on this issue, by chance?

Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello voyager,
Unfortunately, for Visual Cobol for Eclipse, only smb is supported as a network file sharing protocol, even on Visual Cobol for Eclipse on Red Hat or Suse, Linux compiling on Visual Cobol Devhub on Linux/Unix systems such as AIX, which is your use case.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately, this will cause a lot of inconvenience to us, because IBM does not give support to this product.

Are you planning to use NFS in a near future?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.