Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Visual Cobol for Eclipse: Unable to activate "Run Configuarations" or Debug Configurations" in Windows 10

Hello all,

it seems  to me that  that the activtion of "Run Configurations" or "Debug Configurtions" in Eclipse  is not possible and generates a Java "null pointer exception".

I am using Windows 10. With  Windows 8.1 everything works fine. I did several installations and cleaned everything from previous installations. Other functionality seems to be okay.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Franz

Franz

Franz

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Visual Cobol for Eclipse: Unable to activate "Run Configuarations" or Debug Configurations" in Windows 10

Can you please be more specific about what it is that you are trying to do when the error occurs?
Also what Visual COBOL version are you using?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

RE: Visual Cobol for Eclipse: Unable to activate "Run Configuarations" or Debug Configurations" in Windows 10

Hallo Chris,
meanwhile the problem is solved. I am using a high dpi laptop (4K) and Java produced an exception when ever I used those functions.

Here the solution fron support:
„After further review regarding the java.lang.nullpointerexception, I can advise that:
Can you advise if the affected machine is using a high-DPI monitor? If yes, then the issue may be related to this Eclipse Bug: bugs.eclipse.org/.../show_bug.cgi
Based on internal discussions I recommend you to consider upgrading to Eclipse 4.6.3 from 4.6.0 – With this version you should generally see a lot of improvements from this. Please let me know if you will be able to try this and advise of the results, or if I can be of any assistance with this.“

The upgrade finished my problem

Kind regards and thanks for looking after my problem
Franz
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.