Highlighted
EgyptPharaoh Contributor.
Contributor.

Visual Cobol for Visual Studio 2017 PE requires authorization?!!!

Jump to solution

Hi All

I obtained through an email some months ago from the micro focus site a PE download link.

I recently, when obtained hardware strong enough to run VS2017, downloaded the package files and install them

But, it did not self activate as I was expecting

my registration and email received at 2019-02-04, 4th Feb 2019

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Visual Cobol for Visual Studio 2017 PE requires authorization?!!!

Jump to solution

What is the name of the installer file that you downloaded and did it install correctly into VS2017? If you start the product do you get the prompt for licensing the product?

This would be an earlier release of Visual COBOL PE, most likely 4.0 as the latest release for download is 5.0 and it installs only into VS2019.

If the product you downloaded installed correctly and you wish to use this older version then send me a direct email to chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send you an authorization code for that product. Otherwise I would recommend that you register for the PE product again and download and install the most recent version.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What is the name of the installer file that you downloaded and did it install correctly into VS2017? If you start the product do you get the prompt for licensing the product?

This would be an earlier release of Visual COBOL PE, most likely 4.0 as the latest release for download is 5.0 and it installs only into VS2019.

If the product you downloaded installed correctly and you wish to use this older version then send me a direct email to chris.glazier@microfocus.com and I will send you an authorization code for that product. Otherwise I would recommend that you register for the PE product again and download and install the most recent version.

Thanks

View solution in original post

EgyptPharaoh Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I will email you right now, I want to use the VS2017 edition.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.