When I create a new Cobol console Project I get a error message:

Did anyone knows more?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Someone in our development team has reproduced it, but it is not reproducible every time. We have a fix and we’re going to see if we can update the downloadable product on the server with the fixed version. I’ll keep you updated.
In the meantime, in an attempt to find a workaround – do you get the problem if you run as admin?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Uwe,

Following on from Paula's reply, it would be useful if you could provide the ActivityLog.xml created by Visual Studio to allow us to check the cause of the failure you saw. If you start Visual Studio from the Windows 10 search box ie where Frag mich etwas is displayed, by typing

devenv /log

and running from the option you see

ActivityLog.xml will be created in the \Users\<your-id>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_<vs-id> folder.

Thanks, Gael.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Someone in our development team has reproduced it, but it is not reproducible every time. We have a fix and we’re going to see if we can update the downloadable product on the server with the fixed version. I’ll keep you updated.
In the meantime, in an attempt to find a workaround – do you get the problem if you run as admin?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Uwe,

Following on from Paula's reply, it would be useful if you could provide the ActivityLog.xml created by Visual Studio to allow us to check the cause of the failure you saw. If you start Visual Studio from the Windows 10 search box ie where Frag mich etwas is displayed, by typing

devenv /log

and running from the option you see

ActivityLog.xml will be created in the \Users\<your-id>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_<vs-id> folder.

Thanks, Gael.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello Paula, hello Gael,

in the ActivityLog.xml is only Repetition from the message you could read in the screenshot. No an other informations. I think, the best proceed is wait for the fix in Installation procedure.
@Paula Installing and starting with admin rights results same...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hi Uwe, we are expecting to refresh the downloadable “Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017 - Preview” product around next Friday (28th April) following a full test run.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.