Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol for Visual Studio

Jump to solution

Dear Sirs,

When I try to to Debug a Project Build  with Visual Cobol for Visual Studio I get the Following  enclosed with POST.

Many Thanks in Advanced.

PJM

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Pedro,

This error most likely means that the build for this particular project has not been successful so the program to debug does not exist.
It is also pointing to the bin\x86\release folder which is the default location for a release configuration and not a debug build.

I would recommend that you choose a new location for your projects instead of the long path under the users\pedro folder and do not use spaces in the project names.

Check the output window after doing a rebuild of the solution to see if there are any errors present.
If there are no errors and it still is not generating a PROGRAM1A.exe then perhaps the build action is turned off for the project. Right click on the solution name and select properties and then click on Configuration. Make sure that the Build column for your project has a check mark on it.

You might want to take a look at the following video that covers some of these topics:

Visual COBOL in a Nutshell: Visual Studio Projects and Solutions

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Pedro,

This error most likely means that the build for this particular project has not been successful so the program to debug does not exist.
It is also pointing to the bin\x86\release folder which is the default location for a release configuration and not a debug build.

I would recommend that you choose a new location for your projects instead of the long path under the users\pedro folder and do not use spaces in the project names.

Check the output window after doing a rebuild of the solution to see if there are any errors present.
If there are no errors and it still is not generating a PROGRAM1A.exe then perhaps the build action is turned off for the project. Right click on the solution name and select properties and then click on Configuration. Make sure that the Build column for your project has a check mark on it.

You might want to take a look at the following video that covers some of these topics:

Visual COBOL in a Nutshell: Visual Studio Projects and Solutions

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.