Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

My Visual Cobol is running now! I try a most simple little program to run (display on the screen 'Hello World'.

It seems to be running, but i can't see the text on the screen. Background on the screen is black of course, but my

text is also black. With Help function i found out that there should be a screen section  in the Micro Focus extensions to Cobol.

Can I use this Micro Focus extensions to Cobol and install it with mij Visual Cobol Personal Edition?

Or, if this not is possible, someone a solution to display the text on the screen?

Thanks, Hemmie

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hemmie,

SCREEN SECTION support is built into the product. There is nothing else you need to install to use this.

You should be able to see your COBOL displays on the console window but your project should be setup as a Console Application and not a Windows one.

Which project template did you choose when creating your new project?

If you open up properties and click on the Application tab you can change this from Windows to Console or on the COBOL Link tab you can change this from Graphical to Console-based.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

I changed it now to a console application and that works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Hemmie

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hemmie,

SCREEN SECTION support is built into the product. There is nothing else you need to install to use this.

You should be able to see your COBOL displays on the console window but your project should be setup as a Console Application and not a Windows one.

Which project template did you choose when creating your new project?

If you open up properties and click on the Application tab you can change this from Windows to Console or on the COBOL Link tab you can change this from Graphical to Console-based.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

I changed it now to a console application and that works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Hemmie

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.