Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Visual Studio 2017

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried running Visual Cobol in Visual Studio 2017 yet?

I know VS 2107 isn't officially out yet, but it sounds like it will be released soon.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Visual Studio 2017

Jump to solution
Hello Mike,

Glad to see you're interested in trying out what the latest Visual Studio has to offer but as you note, Visual Studio 2017 is not get GA and cannot be used with Visual COBOL today.

...but please stay tuned to the Community site as we will have some exciting developments to share with you in this area soon.

Regards, Scot Nielsen
COBOL Product Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I doubt Visual COBOL would even install as for each Visual Studio there is a specific setup file (i.e. vcvs2012_232.exe, vcvs2013_232.exe, and vcvs2015_232.exe). The installation fails if it doesn't find the required VS version.

I however suspect VS 2017 will be supported in the next major release of Visual COBOL that will be released sometime this year.
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello Mike,

Glad to see you're interested in trying out what the latest Visual Studio has to offer but as you note, Visual Studio 2017 is not get GA and cannot be used with Visual COBOL today.

...but please stay tuned to the Community site as we will have some exciting developments to share with you in this area soon.

Regards, Scot Nielsen
COBOL Product Manager

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.