Highlighted
hajimu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VisualCobol1010 does't run in debug mode.

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 April 2011]

I met the trouble with running the step mode of VisualCobol2010 R3.

1 Vista Sp1
When starting the step mode, it will hang with DWWIN.exe running.

2 Win7 Sp1
 When starting the step mode, it will end with showing the VS2010 critical error
and make a crash dump file.
My cases try VS2010 both Ultimate RTM and Sp1, using a native and managed project.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: VisualCobol1010 does't run in debug mode.

Jump to solution
This is definately not a known issue with Visual COBOL.
I can debug through all COBOL projects on all operating systems that you mention without a problem.

There must be something installed on your computers that is conflicting with Visual Studio, perhaps an anti spyware/virus program or something running in the background?

Are these 3 completely different computers with different OS's on which you have installed Visual COBOL?

Can you try to create a C# or VB.NET project in Visual Studio and see if you can debug it?
Do you have the same problem with these languages or is it only COBOL debugging where the problem occurs?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Are these physical computers or Virtual Machines?

Does the problem occur when debugging any program or just a particular program?

Can you please try to open up one of the sample solutions and see if the same problem occurs when debugging?

Try opening the following solution:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL 2010\Samples\COBOL for .NET\Arrays\Arrays.sln

Do you get the same error?
0 Likes
hajimu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for reply.
I'm testing the "Getting Start" (native Cobol Hello World) and some small managed programs.
So I do't think these phenomena are restricted to particular cases.
I also test your suggested Array.sln, though the situation is the same.
By the way I use a real machine,

I can send you the crash dump file.

Regards.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Do you currently have a maintenance contract with Micro Focus or is this a trial version of Visual COBOL?

If you are under maintenance then you should contact your local Supportline office and open up a support incident for this problem as this forum is not really the correct place to be sending dump files etc.

Did you experience any problems during the installation of the product?
0 Likes
hajimu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Trial evaluation.

I experience no trouble during installation.

No problem with execution except debug.

Devenv.exe parameter seems to be wrong.

0 Likes
hajimu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I tried to debug on WinXP Sp3, but the result was the same.

Are these phenomena restricted to only my cases?

Please report me anybody succeed to debug!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
This is definately not a known issue with Visual COBOL.
I can debug through all COBOL projects on all operating systems that you mention without a problem.

There must be something installed on your computers that is conflicting with Visual Studio, perhaps an anti spyware/virus program or something running in the background?

Are these 3 completely different computers with different OS's on which you have installed Visual COBOL?

Can you try to create a C# or VB.NET project in Visual Studio and see if you can debug it?
Do you have the same problem with these languages or is it only COBOL debugging where the problem occurs?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.