Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web Class example compile errors

In attempting to do a sample web example I get the following errors for the following code.

In case it tough to read, the error says;

COBCH1 Type _Default has no member name 'Contect' 

Thanks John... 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Web Class example compile errors

Is this an ASP.NET Web Application project or a Web Site project?
What Visual COBOL version is this and what Visual Studio edition are you using?

The error is pointing to the compiler generated temporary source file so I am not sure what is going on. I cannot reproduce it here so may have to do with your specific environment.

Can you possibly zip up the project folder and attach it to your post?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The example is from COBOL/Class.PDF, chapter 19, Web Forms 

I created the Zip but don't know how to attach

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I get a similar problem when trying to open up the WebSite example when using the Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. If I open up the same example using the same version of Visual COBOL 3.0 with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise, everything works fine. This appears to be a limitation of the Community Edition. If instead of using a Web Site template I use a full ASP.NET Application template then everything works fine even with the Community Edition..

I recommend that you skip over that one section of the training for now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.