Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What license do i need for Docker containers (Windows)

Jump to solution

I am trying to test Cobol Server in Docker, but all licenses we own are recected when building initial image:
Step 18/19 : RUN set MFLICFILE=${MFLICFILE} &&     "%RMT_DIR%\\MFLicenseAdmin.exe" -install %MFLICFILE%
 ---> Running in 60dec237fcc1
Non-STANDALONE license ignored:
10 SolarNativeRuntimeDeploy 1.0 LONG NORMAL NETWORK ADD INFINITE_KEYS INFINITE_KEYS 1 JAN 2009 NEVER NO_SHR SLM_CODE 2_LOG_ENCRYPTION_LEVEL NON_COMMUTER NO_GRACE DEMO NON_REDUNDANT NiL NiL Ni NO_HLD NiL 5_MINS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-STANDALONE license ignored:
xxxxxxx

The command 'cmd /S /C set MFLICFILE=${MFLICFILE} &&     "%RMT_DIR%\\MFLicenseAdmin.exe" -install %MFLICFILE%' returned a non-zero code: 8030720

What kind of license do i need. Where can i get at least a test license.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: What license do i need for Docker containers (Windows)

Jump to solution
Hi Pascal,

Docker support requires a specific license.

You will need to speak to your account manager to put through an update to add a Docker license. This will give you the additional Docker licenses you need. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi Pascal,

Docker support requires a specific license.

You will need to speak to your account manager to put through an update to add a Docker license. This will give you the additional Docker licenses you need. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, we need new licences as our "old" pre 4.0 licenses have no docker feature included.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.