Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Who use a good grid in Visual Cobol?

After searching a Long time for a grid with Excel functionality, i have found a activex tool "mstgrid.ocx" from the Website: http://www.mysofttool.com/

With the activex-Assistant i was able to convert any codes in Cobol and i am enjoy from this functions. But by any code, i have Problems to convert!

Who can help to convert Visual Basic or C#-Code? Are there better Tools that integrated in MF-Visual Cobol? A ocx-Viewer?

Here a example of code in VB and C#?

Here the code in C#
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
grdView1.NewFile(11, 6);
grdView1.AutoRedraw = false;
grdView1.ThemeStyle = MstGrid.ThemeStyle.Light3D;
grdView1.ShowHeaderAutoText = MstGrid.HeaderAutoText.Both;
grdView1.Row(2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Bottom).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin;
grdView1.Row(2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Bottom).Color = Color.Red;
grdView1.Range(5, 2, 8, 4).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Around).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thick;
grdView1.Range(5, 2, 8, 4).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Inside).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin;
grdView1.Cell(5, 2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.DiagonalDown).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin;
grdView1.AutoRedraw = true;
}
Here the code in VB
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
With GrdView1
.NewFile(11, 6)
.AutoRedraw = False
.ThemeStyle = MstGrid.ThemeStyle.Light3D
.ShowHeaderAutoText = MstGrid.HeaderAutoText.Both
.Row(2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Bottom).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin
.Row(2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Bottom).Color = Color.Red
.Range(5, 2, 8, 4).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Around).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thick
.Range(5, 2, 8, 4).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.Inside).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin
.Cell(5, 2).Borders(MstGrid.CellBorders.DiagonalDown).LineStyle = MstGrid.LineStyle.Thin
.AutoRedraw = True
End With
End Sub
Happy to become help or Exchange from more possibilities

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Who use a good grid in Visual Cobol?

The code samples that you show are for managed .NET languages. Is it your intention to use this grid in a managed .NET COBOL application (WinForms) or within a native application that still uses Dialog System?

It would be simple to convert the C# to COBOL if using managed code and more difficult if using native.

ActiveX controls are normally not used in the .NET environment. Is this a .NET assembly version of the control instead of ActiveX?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Who use a good grid in Visual Cobol?

the mstgrid-tool is allways to buy for dotnet 2.0 and 4.0, but i don't have experience in this new world and i don't have find a good example in visual Cobol, so that i continue as many customers to use Dialog System and we are inform from the end of live for this product.

I will be happy to become a little application for a graphical program starting with a menu, working with a SQL-Database!

who want to Exchange with me your experience with dotnet and visual Cobol?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.