Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015

Jump to solution

When upgrading to Windows 10, is it necessary to get a revoke key?

Will there be a Visual Cobol Version for Visual Studio 2015 available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015

Jump to solution

I just got a note from someone in the product management stating that it is not recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 if you are still using the current version of VC (i.e. 2.2.2 and prior versions). In other words, it is recommended to wait for the release of 2.3 where you will need to uninstall VC, upgrade to Windows 10, and finally install 2.3.

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am not sure what is going to happen if you upgrade to Windows 10. I expect the up coming release of VC 2.3 to be supported on Windows 10, but as far as I know the current version 2.2 Update 2 has not been tested on Windows 10. I could be wrong, but I will get a confirmation.

As for Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2015, this will be available in version 2.3.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just got a note from someone in the product management stating that it is not recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 if you are still using the current version of VC (i.e. 2.2.2 and prior versions). In other words, it is recommended to wait for the release of 2.3 where you will need to uninstall VC, upgrade to Windows 10, and finally install 2.3.

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, and I might add: I've upgraded my Test Computer to Windows 10 (I tried to revoke my MF License first, but, got an error message when doing so). Windows 10 doesn't corrumpt the License; all installed COBOL Programs are serviceable.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.