Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Windows form obliterates Dialog System window after closing form

Jump to solution

I'm calling managed code from native.  The managed code displays a "Please wait" dialog using the ShowDialog method and then does some processing.   When the processing is complete, I do the Close method on the form and return to my native code.  I'm starting a thread to do the processing then showing the "Please wait" form and am using a Timer component to determine when processing is done so I can close it and exit back to my native code which uses Dialog System for the UI.

After closing the form,  the text on the underlying native Dialog window is obliterated.  The text returns if I refresh the window but I can't do this because I'm calling the managed code from some other program.  This is leaving a blank rectangle on my Dialog System screen, which is the same size as the Windows form.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening ?

Phil Levin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

After doing research on this issue it was determined that the problem reported was actually being caused by running the program in the Citrix environment.

Outside of Citrix the program runs without a problem.

It appears that Citrix is not refreshing the screen properly when this scenario is being used.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Please create a support incident for this and mention my name in the description.

If you could attach a small demo program that reproduces the problem to the incident it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

After doing research on this issue it was determined that the problem reported was actually being caused by running the program in the Citrix environment.

Outside of Citrix the program runs without a problem.

It appears that Citrix is not refreshing the screen properly when this scenario is being used.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.