Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

XDB

HI,

i'm using xdb command for create a new location

if I use the form "Create Location"  after I have submitted name, creator, path and press the OK button , the procedure hangs with a message does the application not respond.

if I use the sql command :

CREATE LOCATION TEST IN "E:\ED\xdb_data\TEST"
   SORT SEQUENCE SENSITIVE
   FORWARD LOG TEST;

it ends well, but after on catalog browser - Location I received this message:

X120: Cannot find location 'TEST' in SYSXDB.SYSLOCALS table.

I have tried also on MFE 5.1 and I found  the same problem.

why?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You posted this in the Visual COBOL forum but Visual COBOL does not support the XDB component. Which product are you using, Enterprise Developer perhaps? There is a separate forum for ED issues as well as one for MFE and older products.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.