Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

autoscalemode

Jump to solution

When I copy my solution to another development machine with a different screen resolution, the form size and controls are not the same (lined up etc.).  Is this the form's AutoScaleMode property that controls this?  I'm using  a resolution of 1980 x 1080 and the second machine is 1680 x 1050.  Will this also be an issue when deployed on end user machines?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: autoscalemode

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris, Dpi property works as you described.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, it is the AutoScaleMode property of the form that controls how the Forms and their Controls will be scaled if the application is run on a system that has a different screen resulution or uses a different default font.

You can read about this here:

A Forms AutoScaleMode property is set to inherit by default, which means use the mode specified in the Forms parent.

If there is no parent then this defaults to no scaling.

You should try setting this property to Font or Dpi in order to turn on the Auto scaling feature.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris, Dpi property works as you described.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.