Lieutenant
Lieutenant

ces daemon : couldn't be installed. Insufficient privileges

Why do i obtain this message when i'm installing visual cobol 6 ? I run the install program as administrator however

0 Likes
19 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The ces daemon is a service involved in product licensing. I am not sure why you would get this error while installing as administrator.

A couple of questions:

Do you have an older version of Visual COBOL installed on this machine? I would recommend that you uninstall the older version and the older version of the License Manager if this is the case.

Other possible reasons might be that your antivirus program is interfering with the installation or you have a Local Machine policy in place against installing Windows Services?

Can you take a look in the install log and post its contents here?

Install log can be found in the %TEMP% folder on your system. The name should start with Micro_Focus_Visual_COBOL... 

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

No i don't have previsou version

It's not a antivirus problem because

Microfocus can install other services

i can install the service Microfocus CES Daemon manually

service.jpg

but i obtain this message :

error.jpg

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you started the MF Daemon service after you installed it?

Does it show as running under Windows Services?

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello

Thanks yes the services is started :

service.jpg

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you click on the "Connexion" (Log On) tab, do you have "Compte système local" (Local System account) or "Ce compte" (This account) selected?

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Local system account

microfocus local system account.jpg

The command line is :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT\mfcesd.exe
Should I send parameters to mfcsed ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I understand an error was reported during the installation to install/start the CES daemon (i.e. mfcesd.exe), but it appears that it is currently running fine as a service. What is then the current issue? Do you have an issue to use Visual COBOL?

If you currently have a support maintenance or use a free trial version of Visual COBOL, then I suggest contacting your local Micro Focus support at anytime to get this issue resolved quickly.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello,

> What is then the current issue?

The problem is when the service  CES Daemon is running, when i start Visual Cobol 6 i get this message  : 

image.png

> If you currently have a support maintenance or use a free trial version of Visual COBOL

I use a trial version of visual cobl and i  don't know who is local Micro Focus support.

The Micro Focus Support **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED** redirects me  here to the micro focus community

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please attach here lservrc.net and lservrc.stn that you can find in C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus?

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

lservc.net et lservc.stn are empty

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This means that you have not installed a product license. Beginning with 6.0 you should have received a 16 digit authorization key as part of your electronic download e-mail. You need to navigate to the Start Menu-> Micro Focus License Manager-->License Administration and run the manager and then on the Install tab paste in the 16-digit key into the field provided.

This will install the product license.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.