Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

connect

I have cobol programs that connect to oracle with connect /    When I want to use the programs in visual studio I have to change the connect statement to

connect to adodsn.   Is there a solution for this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: connect

I am assuming that you are now using .NET managed application so you need to use ADO instead of Pro*COBOL, is that correct?

If you are using the Oracle Data Provider ODP.NET then you should be able to connect as SYSDBA or SYSTEM but the syntax using "/" will not be recognized as a valid user/password in an ADO connection string.

You might want to run this by Oracle as it is really their software that controls this and not Micro Focus.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.