Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

create .RS from .GS

Jump to solution

Where would I find documentation on how to create a .RS file from a .GS file for Dialog System Screensets.  I was using DSWIN and a .RSS file to build the .RS files.  DSWIN will not run because my NetExpress liscense has expired.  (I'm getting a 109 error).  I notice that VC 2.2 can now use Dialog with out having a NetExpress License, but I need to be able to create the .RS for deploying the product.  Is there some way in Visual Cobol to output a .RS file?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: create .RS from .GS

Jump to solution

Visual COBOL 2.2 includes DSWIN.EXE in its bin folder if you install the compatibility addpack.

This will work in the same manner as the dswin with Net Express and you can start it from the command line using the same switches like /rs, etc.

You can also use the save as option in the Dialog System editor to individually save screensets in .rs run-time format.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: create .RS from .GS

Jump to solution

Visual COBOL 2.2 includes DSWIN.EXE in its bin folder if you install the compatibility addpack.

This will work in the same manner as the dswin with Net Express and you can start it from the command line using the same switches like /rs, etc.

You can also use the save as option in the Dialog System editor to individually save screensets in .rs run-time format.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.