Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

editor treats all variables as unused in copybooks

I would like to open the main COBOL program and drill down to the copybooks, then the IDE “remembers” the variables used in the main program and don’t mark them as unused (strikethrough), but if this feature is “faraway” I would suggest to be able to turn off the feature only for copybooks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: editor treats all variables as unused in copybooks

We added a new feature in Visual COBOL 2.0 which hopefully resolves this issue for you.

Look at the documentation on COBOL Copybook Context here:

If you open the copybook in context to the main program that it is in then variables that are referenced will not appear with the strikeout through them.

The COBOL Explorer View documentation can be found here:

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tested and the function worked on local projects but not on remote projects.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

We tested this on a remote project also and it appears to work fine as long as you are opening the copybook in the Content of the main program that is referencing the data item.

We tested on Visual COBOL Eclipse 2.0 for Windows connected to Visual COBOL Dev Hub 2.0 on Redhat 5.5.

What is your system configuration?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.