Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

error COBCH0854 : System error - evaluation stack negative

I get the above error when building my Visual COBOL solution using Visual Studio 2015.  Is there something simple I'm missing?  The code worked fine using the old MS-DOS Micro Focus compile and link.  Do I need to check one or more namespaces in the solution properties, for instance?  Or something simpler?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: error COBCH0854 : System error - evaluation stack negative

Is the error pointing to a particular program or line of code?
What type of project is it, native or managed?

I would recommend that for problems like these that you open up a support incident with Customer Support as they are difficult to diagnose on a Community Forum.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: error COBCH0854 : System error - evaluation stack negative

I changed from managed to native and the problem went away.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.