Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to update run-time to version 2.2?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've installed vcvs2012_222.exe in win 8 dev environment as suggested by mf support to resolve an issue.

(1) How do i update the run-time? The current installation in our run-time environment was from cs2012_221.exe. If there's a 222 upgrade different from the vsvc upgrade above, please let me know where i can find this.

(2) Is the compatabilty add-pack now included in 2.2.2 i.e. do i need to install an add-pack upgrade separately in the dev and run-time environments?

Thank you,

Linden 

Linden Rowland - IT Consultant
Owner/Developer, www.SchoolReportWriter.com
IT Consultant to Tindle Newspaper Group

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Linden,

Yes, there is always a companion COBOL Server version to any Visual COBOL upgrade. If you currently have a serial number for the COBOL Server product which is on maintenance then you should be able to download this from the Supportline Product Updates web site. If you are having trouble locating this then please open up a support incident with Customer Care and we will walk you through the process.

There is a Compatibility AddPack for 2.2.2 which will have to be installed over the base 2.2.2 install on both the VC and CS products.

This is also available from the Supportline Product Updates site under product name Visual COBOL Addpacks.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Linden,

Yes, there is always a companion COBOL Server version to any Visual COBOL upgrade. If you currently have a serial number for the COBOL Server product which is on maintenance then you should be able to download this from the Supportline Product Updates web site. If you are having trouble locating this then please open up a support incident with Customer Care and we will walk you through the process.

There is a Compatibility AddPack for 2.2.2 which will have to be installed over the base 2.2.2 install on both the VC and CS products.

This is also available from the Supportline Product Updates site under product name Visual COBOL Addpacks.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks once again Chris. I can't see the cs in my product updates though can see the 222 vc and addpack. I've contacted MF support.

Regards,

Linden

Linden Rowland - IT Consultant
Owner/Developer, www.SchoolReportWriter.com
IT Consultant to Tindle Newspaper Group

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.